If the Oscar’s is about one thing other than the awards, it’s about unapologetic opulence. From the designer gowns to the free flowing bubbly, there’s no expense spared to host our beloved A-listers at the annual Academy Awards – and apparently this decadent generosity stretches all the way to the nominees’ take-home goodie bags.
Indeed, the contents of each US $200,000 bag – gifted to actors, actresses and production professionals nominated for an award – is quite staggering; if a little random. The likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Lawrence will all walk away with one. So, what’s in it?
- 15-day walking tour of Japan: $45K
- 10-day, first-class trip to Israel: $55K
- A year’s worth of unlimited Audi car rentals from Silvercar: $45K
- Lifetime supply of skin creams from Lizora: $31.2K
- Personalised M&Ms: $300
- Joseph’s Toiletries ‘The Welcomer’, including six packs of the ‘most soothing and absorbent tissue paper in the world’: $275
The above is just an indication of the seemingly sporadic take-home gifts than nominees can expect to bag at the Oscars. Put together by LA-based marketing company Distinctive Asset, the gift bags have been tailored to suit the needs of the awards’ discerning guests.
According to the Academy, “[The gift bag] is a blend of fabulous, fun and functional items meant to thrill and pamper those who may have everything money can buy but still savour the simple joy of a gift.”
Looks like we’ll have to figure out a way to get nominated next year…